To view current up to date "Reports" with pictures
please be sure to visit and book-mark our John's
Guide Service Facebook Page.
We here at "John's Guide Service" are looking forward to and already seeing some of the great run
forecasts for our 2015 Salmon fishing seasons as well as
our late 2015 summer and fall hunting season!!
- January - February 2015; Come get in on some of the last Skagit River Hatchery Winter Steelheading we may see for many years!!
- June - July 2015; "Springer Time" Some of the best King Salmon
fishing the Pacific Northwest has to offer right here on the Skagit
River along with some great catch and release opportunities on some
- August - October 2015; Looking forward to another great Black Bear Season for 2015 and YEP... It's another Pink Salmon Year!! Break out the Aleeve and Ice Packs!!!
- September - December 2015; "Coho-Mojo" time again...Always great Silver Salmon fishing here on the Skagit River!! Early September is
always a great time to get out for some early archery deer hunting as
well. Then we have our Modern Firearm Deer Season in October as well. In Late October and November get ready for some great catch and release fishing
too on the pound for pound hardest fighting salmon around as our Chum
Salmon run returns to the mighty Skagit.
- December - January 2016; Always quite a few Silver Salmon around in December the way things and they will be mixed in with the last of our Hatchery Winter Steelhead returns to the Skagit System for quite some time. Our Skagit River hatchery steelhead returns should start kicking off here around Thanksgiving!
LETS GO FISHING OR HUNTING!! ( We still have a few openings left for
all of our above fishing and hunting opportunities!!... Give us a call
or drop us an e-mail!)
If you haven't already taken notice our phone number has now changed!!! Our old unreliable line and old answering machine (Some of your calls didn't get returned because quite frankly you sounded like Charlie Brown's school teacher on our old machine) was disconnected last October
Our new number, now plastered all over our site will be my cell phone number at: (360) 708 - 3166... Look forward to hearing from you on it!!
We have also added a few "Associate Guides" to the "John's Guide
Service" team to help meet all of your fishing and hunting needs and
All "Associate Guides" are reputable area guides and backed 100 percent
Skagit Above Sauk: Normal flows with unlimited visibility right now.
Skagit Below the Sauk: Normal flows with 4 - 6 feet of visibility right now.
Lot's of nice bright "Christmas Coho" still around but we are only allowed to retain them until Dec 31st.
Steelhead have also been making their way into the Skagit and we have been hitting them pretty good between all the significant rainfalls we've had this winter. One day is red hot and then we get a good rainfall and they've all hit the Cascade!
River Conditions: Normal December flows right now!
Sauk Above the Suiattle: Unlimited visibility currently
Sauk Below the Suiattle: Unlimited visibility
Fishing Report: Reports coming in of some very large Dolly Varden being caught in the Sauk right now!!
River Conditions: Normal flows with unlimited visibility.
Cascade River at Marblemount USGS Real-Time
Fishing Report: Wide open for Hatchery Steelhead in the Cascade right now... Literally!! As new emergency regs have been implemented and there is no limit to how many hatchery steelhead may be retained now that we are no longer taking broodstack fish.